Mathematics Content & Performance Standards Documents
2018 Wyoming Math Content & 2021 Performance Standards +PLDs
This document contains the Math Content and Performance Standards plus all PLDs. These standards are the basis for the WY-TOPP Assessment.
- 2018 Math Standards
This 2018 Math Standards document contains not only content standards, but also cross-curricular connections and grade level examples for each standard.
- Math – Common Core Snapshot
This reference provides a higher level overview of how standards are grouped.
Wyoming Extended Standards
The Extended Standards are adapted from the Content and Performance Standards and are designed for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. These standards are the basis for the WY-ALT Assessment.
- The Quantile Summer Math Challenge is a math skills maintenance program targeted to students who have just completed grade 1 through 8 and is designed to help students retain math skills learned during the previous school year.
- Common Core Mathematics Standards Viewer offers a visual of the progression of K-8 standards with a color coding emphasis on the relationships between standards.
- Illustrative Mathematics provides guidance by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students experience in a faithful implementation of the Common Core State Standards, and by publishing other tools that support implementation of the standards.
- Math Progressions for K-12, from the Arizona Department of Education. The CCSS-M were built on progressions: narrative documents describing the progression of a topic across a number of grade levels, informed both by research on children’s cognitive development and by the logical structure of mathematics. They can explain why standards are sequenced the way they are, point out cognitive difficulties and pedagogical solutions, and give more detail on particularly knotty areas of the mathematics. This would be useful in teacher preparation, professional development, and in organizing curriculum.
- Professional Development Module – The WDE math lead, along with five other state leads developed a 4-hour training on the Fraction Progressions for Grade 2-6, and a Facilitator’s Guide. This training focuses on the importance of understanding how the standards progress through the grades and on building collaboration within and across grades.