The WDE offers conferences on a variety of topics throughout the year. Check this list frequently for updates.
Save the Date – STAR Conference, June 21-25
Join the Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) for the 2021 STAR Conference from June 21-25. This year’s conference will be held virtually, and will cover topics like the Grants Management System, Federal program updates, Consolidated Grant Applications, School Safety, and more. The last two days of the conference will be dedicated to homeless education.
The WDE is excited to announce our two keynote speakers: Superintendent Darrin Peppard and Dr. Bryan Pearlman. Their keynote topics will cover school leadership, building resilience during difficult times, and mental health in our schools. Bonnie Little Graham from Brustein and Manasevit, LLC also will join us for a special two-hour Federal updates session.
Register for the 2021 STAR Conference is open now; register here.
For more information, contact Laura Budd at 307-777-6281 or email@example.com.
2021 Embracing Literacy Conference
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) announces the second-annual Embracing Literacy Conference, which will be held virtually in July 2021.
The conference focuses on the science of reading and is open to educators across the state and beyond. The conference will cover topics ranging from phonemic awareness and vocabulary to comprehension and writing.
The conference has been approved for up to 2.5 PTSB credits. For every seven hours of content, participants will earn .5 PTSB credits. Participants will track their own attendance and submit a request for credit once the conference has concluded.
The conference has also been approved for STARS credit. Every session earns 1.5 hours of STARS credit. Participants will track their own attendance and submit a request for credit once the conference has concluded.
Note: Three sessions are not eligible for STARS credit: “Reaching Struggling Adolescent Readers” on July 6, “Let’s Unlock Children’s Oral and Written Expression: A Structured Literacy Approach” on July 8, and the closing panel discussion on July 22.
The conference has been approved for 2 UW graduate credits. You must attend/watch 30 hours of conference content for the credit. You will need to register through WyoLearn (in addition to Eventbrite) by following these instructions. The cost is $100. The course ID is EDCI 5959-60Y, CRN 31235.
- Access Session Recordings Here.
For more information, contact Brittany Scherden at 307-777-7624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Native American Education Conference
- The 12th annual Native American Education Conference will be held online Aug. 11-14, 2021.
- 2021 NAEC Promotional Flyer
- More information is available on the conference homepage.
The 2021 Wyoming Education Summit, September 21-22, 2021
“Pursue Excellence Together; Moving Forward.”
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jillian Balow invites educators to save the date for the second-annual Wyoming Education Summit, which will be held virtually September 21-22, 2021.
This conference is open to all education professionals, ready to “Pursue Excellence Together; Moving Forward.”
PTSB and UW credit will be offered. Early bird registration will be open on June 16 and continue through July 31; regular registration begins August 1. The 2022 Teacher of the Year ceremony will be held on the afternoon of September 22.
Keynote presenters and session topics will be provided at a later date.
For more information, contact Danielle Saulsberry at email@example.com.
The Wyoming Department of Education has announced the start of the 2021-22 WAVES conference schedule. All sessions will be offered virtually and free of charge and include the opportunity for PTSB/STARS credits. Don’t miss the opportunity to capture high-quality professional development on topics critical to the success of our Wyoming students. Here is a sneak-peak of what we have planned for August-October:
- Special Education Paraprofessional Training Series
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on August 11-12, 2021 Join us for two, half-day sessions covering topics such as:
- Professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Behavior management strategies.
- High-leverage practices to support students.
- Effective teacher-para collaboration strategies.
Registration for All Dates will be Available Soon; Browse These Upcoming Offerings and Events:
- Refining the Implementation of IDEA in Wyoming for School Psychologists 9-11 a.m. on September 9, 2021, presented by Lenore Knudtson. All School Psychologists and Special Education Directors are encouraged to attend this event developed to meet their needs.
- Partners of Students with Disabilities Day: This is a special event to honor those who support students with disabilities and their families.
September 20, 2021
- 10:30 a.m.-noon, Partners of Students with Disabilities Day Activities.
- 1:30-3 p.m.; Keynote and question and answer session with Dr. Temple Grandin.
- Executive Function Series 1: Executive Function and Metacognition: The Keys to Unlocking Success and Reducing Anxiety
3:30-5:30 p.m. on September 30, 2021, presented by Dr. Lynn Meltzer.
- Executive Function Series 2: Executive Function and Stress Reduction: Flexible Thinking Strategies for Getting Unstuck
3:30-5:30 p.m. on October 7, 2021, presented by Dr. Lynn Meltzer and Donna Kincaid, M.Ed.
- Executive Function Series 3: Executive Function and Independent Learning: Strengthening Motivation and Engagement
3:30-5:30 p.m. on October 14, 2021, presented by Michael Greschler, Ed.M.
- Executive Function Series 4: Early Learners: Creating spaces to foster flexible mindsets and reduce stress
3:30-5:30 p.m. on October 21, 2021, presented by Dr. Julie Dunstan.
Registration for all dates will be available soon. Sign up here to receive email updates for all 2021-2022 WAVES Conference sessions.