The WDE offers conferences on a variety of topics throughout the year. Check this list frequently for updates.
Web-based Academic Vision & Excellence Symposium
The WDE continues to be committed to improving the outcomes for all students and to ensuring a Free and Appropriate Education (FAPE) for all students with disabilities. As a support to you in this work, we are excited to offer Web-based Academic Vision of Excellence Seminars (WAVES). WAVES will include ongoing professional development throughout the 2020-21 school year e.g. conferences, webinars, seminars. WAVES is appropriate for Administrators, Directors, Related Service Providers, General and Special Education Teachers, and Paraprofessionals. As with our in-person WAVE conference, high quality training will be delivered by local and/or nationally accredited presenters.
For more information, contact Deana Smith at 307-777-5326 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Dates and topics subject to change – watch for further information
- 11: Avoiding Major Tier 3 Pitfalls: Keep it Simple! – Tessie Bailey
- 12: Universal Design for the Inclusive Classroom – Nikki Baldwin
- 25: Overview of Literacy for Students with Significant Intellectual Disabilities – VOS Staff
- 26: Avoiding Pitfalls in the IEP Process – Stephanie Weaver
- 15: Determining Educational Benefit – Lenore Knudtson
- 16: Child Find (PreK-12) – Jose Martin
- 29: Identifying and Overcoming Special Education Issues in a Virtual Setting – Jose Martin
Wyoming Instructional Network (past sessions/presenter information)
2021 Native American Education Conference
The 12th annual Native American Education Conference will be held online Aug. 11-14, 2021.
More information is available on the conference homepage.
2020 Wyoming Innovations in Learning Conference