The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is working closely with the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) and other agencies to monitor COVID-19 (commonly called coronavirus) activity.
School districts should work directly with their local community health department to establish protocols to control the spread of COVID-19 and educate their employees and students on prevention. Districts may also contact the WDH at email@example.com.
ARP ESSER State Plan
The Wyoming Department of Education has submitted its ARP ESSER State Plan to the U.S. Department of Education. The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act, signed into law on March 11, 2021, includes $122 billion for the ARP Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) Fund. Wyoming was granted $303,709,391 in ARP ESSER funds.
- The ARP ESSER State Plan, list of URLs to Revised School District Plans (updated as received) and the School Operating Status document can be found here.
- Public comment can be provided here.
ARP Maintenance of Equity Requirements:
2021-22 School Year Updates:
Federal Funding Updates and Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Resources for K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- Institute for Education Sciences
COVID-19 Resources for Implementing Continued Learning
- U.S. Department of Education
Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Wyoming Department of Health
General Information, Links, Notices, and Healthcare Provider Information
WDE Division or Program Information
The Wyoming State Board of Education has granted exception requests for state accountability for all school districts for the 2020-21 school year. Schools will continue to hold the school performance ratings received in the 2018-19 school year. Wyoming has also requested flexibility from federal accountability requirements. More information on accountability can be found here.
For more information on accountability, contact Sean McInerney, Accountability Supervisor, at 307-777-8752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must still complete the Hathaway Success Curriculum to be eligible for the Hathaway Scholarship. Any students unable to complete the curriculum because a district was unable to offer courses due to the COVID-19 pandemic can apply to the WDE for an exception. Parents and students can find more information at hathaway.org. Information for districts is available here.
For more information, contact Bradley Barker, Hathaway Scholarship Consultant, at 307-777-6226 or email@example.com.
Guidance is below regarding meal service during COVID-19. The Food Service staff from all over the state of Wyoming has done an amazing job of making sure that their students have received and continue to receive meals. There have been many waivers released by the USDA to assist food service staffs in the schools to continue to reach their students. If you have any questions regarding any guidance, contact Carla Bankes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and Answers
- Summer Food Service Program and National School Lunch Program Seamless Summer Option Nationwide Waivers Q & A
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program During COVID-19 Q & A
- Child Nutrition Program Meal Service during Novel Coronavirus Outbreaks: Questions and Answers #4
- COVID 19 SFSP and SSO Meal Delivery Q and A
- Questions and Answers: Child Nutrition Program Meal Service during COVID-19 Outbreaks
- COVID-19 Meal Services Fact Sheet
- Approval Steps for Meal Service COVID-19
- Child Nutrition Program Meal Service during COVID-19 Outbreaks
- COVID-19 and Food Safety
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Program During COVID-19
- Waiver to Extend CEP Deadlines 2022
- Nationwide Waiver of Area Eligibility in the Child and Adult Care Food Program At-Risk Afterschool Care Component EXTENSION
- COVID19 Extending Summer Food Service Program Seamless Summer Option EXTENSION
- COVID19 Area Eligibility Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 3
- COVID19 Meal Pattern Nationwide Waiver School Year 2020-21 – EXTENSION 5
- COVID19 Meal Pattern Nationwide Waiver – EXTENSION 8
- COVID19 Parent Pickup Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 5
- COVID19 Non-Congregate Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 5
- COVID19 SFSP Closed Enrolled Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 2
- COVID19 SFSP First Week Site Visits Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 2
- COVID19 SFSP Meal Service Time Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 2
- COVID19 SFSP OVS Nationwide Waiver EXTENSION 2
- Wyoming Potable Water Waiver Request
- Food Safety During COVID-19
- Nationwide Waiver of 60 Day Reporting Requirements for January and February 2020
- Emergency Procurement MEMO 2020
- Wyoming unexpected school closure waiver
- Food Service Accounting for the Summer Food Service Program
For more information, contact Carla Bankes, Nutrition Program Supervisor, at
307-777-6263 or email@example.com.
USED provided guidance regarding the use of federal funds to cover cancellation fees for all federally funded professional development opportunities. The WDE is also available to offer technical assistance.
Title I-A, School Improvement 1003(a): All allowable uses of federal grant funds still stand at this time. Reach out to the program manager if you have questions about how to use the program funds. Contact Leslie Koch at 307-777-6216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title II-A & Title IV-A: All allowable uses of federal grant funds still stand at this time. Please reach out to the program manager if you have questions about how to use the program funds. Contact: Mark Bowers at 307-777-8739 or email@example.com.
Title I-D Subpart 2 and Title III: All allowable uses of federal grant funds still stand at this time. Reach out to the program manager if you have questions about how to use the program funds. Contact Jessica Fancher at 307-777-8964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title I-D Subpart 1, Title IX-A McKinney-Vento: All allowable uses of federal grant funds still stand at this time. Reach out to the program manager if you have questions about how to use the program funds. Contact Shannon Cranmore at 307-777-3672 or email@example.com.
For General ESSA Grant Program questions, contact Jessica Binning at 307-777-6208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Grants Management System will still be accessible via the internet as always. For general GMS questions, contact Diana Thompson at 307-777-6209 or email@example.com.
Career and Technical Education (Perkins V)
Perkins work is continuing as normal. All allowable uses still stand as of this time. For questions or more information, contact Perkins managers Jeannie Coulson at 307-777-6808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Round #1 – Questions and Answers Regarding COVID-19 and Perkins
- Round #2 – Questions and Answers Regarding COVID-19 and Perkins
- Guidance on Donation or Loan of Protective Personal Equipment and Other Medical Supplies
Career Technical Student Organizations
For the most updated information regarding Career and Technical State Organizations and state competitions, contact the state adviser.
DECA: Mary Hopper, email@example.com.
FBLA: Barb Frates, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCCLA: Angela Sweep, email@example.com.
FFA: Stacy Broda, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SkillsUSA: Janie Wilcox, email@example.com.
TANF Grant proposals have been extended until April 30, 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
For General Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Grant sites or the Early Childhood Collaborative Grant questions, contact Amy Reyes at 307-777-7708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All IDEA requirements remain in full effect when educational opportunities are offered by the district to any student. Districts are expected to document their efforts to meet the requirements. Upcoming RDA events will be held virtually or can be rescheduled by contacting Margee Robertson at email@example.com.
- WDE Special Education COVID-19 Guidance – Updated October 2020
- Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Council of Administrators of Special Education: Considerations for Special Education Administrators
- Wyoming Corona Virus COVID-19 Letter to Families of Students with Disabilities
- OSERS Supplemental Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities
For more information, contact Margee Robertson, Special Education Director, at
307-777-2870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data and Reporting
All WDE data collections remain on schedule. However, the Post-Secondary Readiness Indicator Review window has been delayed until May 4-15. Any changes will be updated here.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FERPA & Virtual Learning During COVID-19 webinar recording and slide deck
- FERPA & Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- National Association of School Nurses
General Coronavirus Resources
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
Food Safety Questions and Answers
- The School Superintendents Association
Information and Resources for School District Superintendents
- Afterschool Alliance
COVID-19: Considerations for the Afterschool Field
- Department of Family Services
Governor Defines Essential Personnel – begins on page 3
- Centers for Disease Control
Considerations for School Closure
Indicators for Dynamic School Decision-Making
Strategy for Distributing COVID-19 Vaccine
Vaccination Program Interim Playbook
Vaccination Distribution Process Infographic