English Language Arts Content & Performance Standards Documents
- 2012 English Language Arts Content & Performance Standards
This document contains the ELA Content and Performance Standards. These standards are the basis for the WY-TOPP Assessment.
- 2014 English Language Arts Performance Level Descriptors
This document contains descriptions of student performance at the Advanced, Proficient, Basic, and Below Basic levels.
The Extended Standards are adapted from the Content and Performance Standards and are designed for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. These standards are the basis for the WY-ALT Assessment.
English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, & Technical Subjects
- Appendix A: Research Supporting Key Elements of the Standards (PDF)
- Appendix B: Test Exemplars and Performance Tasks (PDF)
- Appendix C: Samples of Student Writing (PDF)
Summer Learning Opportunities
With the assistance of MetaMetrics, the Wyoming Department of Education is combating summer learning loss by encouraging students to access free online tools designed to promote reading during the summer break.