This program provides assistance to school districts in the areas of school busing specifications and bidding, fleet management, transportation program evaluation, in-service training programs, and interpretation of state and federal laws and rules and regulations. The Wyoming School Foundation program staff ensure accuracy in the flow of state money utilized to cover allowed pupil transportation costs to local school districts. The annual Wyoming Pupil Transportation Association Conference and Mechanics’ Workshop are coordinated with the Wyoming Pupil Transportation Association through this office.
Pupil Transportation Advisory Committee
Wyoming Statute 21-13-320(h)(ii) authorizes the Wyoming Pupil Transportation Advisory Committee.
(ii) “Pupil transportation committee” means an advisory committee comprised of school district business managers, student transportation program managers and employees, district superintendents and other district personnel organized by the state department of education to assist the department in developing and maintaining state standards for vehicle specifications and equipment, vehicle fleet regulations and vehicle replacement schedules including the establishment of minimum, average and optimal replacement schedules, as required under this section.
School Bus Driver Physical Performance Testing – NTSB H-19-006
Current Rules and Regulations
- Wyoming Chapter 2 Rules – Rules for Minimum Standards for the Wyoming School Buses
- Wyoming Chapter 20 Rules – Rules for the Pupil Transportation Component within the Education Resource Block Grant Model
- National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures
- Isolated Pupil Reimbursement Memo from the Chief of Staff
- Pupil Transportation Allowable Expenses
FMCSA Entry Level Driver Training
District Transportation Resources and Reports
- State Level Transportation Reimbursement Report
- District Level Bus Claims Report
- District Level Bus Inventory Report
- Non-District Use Formula