Science Content & Performance Standards Documents
2016 Wyoming Science Content & 2021 Performance Standards + PLDs
This document contains the Science Content and Performance Standards plus all PLDs. These standards are the basis for the WY-TOPP Assessment.
- 2016 Science Standards
This 2016 Science Standards document contains not only content standards, but also the three dimensions of science learning (CCC, DCI, and SEP) based on A Framework for K-12 Science Education and cross-curricular connections.
- 2016 Science Standards Vertical Alignment
This reference provides a vertical alignment organizing structure of the Science Standards integrated with potential cross-curricular and Wyoming-specific connections.
- 2016 Science Appendices A-K
This reference provides the three dimensions of science learning model, the ISTE Standards, cross-curricular connections, DCI/SEP/CCC progressions, understandings about the Nature of Science, performance expectations that incorporate Engineering Practices, and the Wyoming Science Standards Glossary of Terms.
- 2016 Science Standards Snapshot K-12
This reference provides a visual representation of the Wyoming Science Standards at each grade level.
- Literacy Standards in History/Social Studies, Science, & Technical Subjects
This reference is from the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers: Common Core State Standards.
Wyoming Extended Standards
The Extended Standards are adapted from the Content and Performance Standards and are designed for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. These standards are the basis for the WY-ALT Assessment.
Grade-Specific Science Standards
- Kindergarten – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Gr. 1 – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Gr. 2 – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Gr. 3 – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Gr. 4 – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Gr. 5 – 2016 WY Science Standards
- Middle School – 2016 WY Science Standards
- High School – 2016 WY Science Standards