It is required by law that all Trade, Correspondence, Distance Education, Technical, Vocational, Business and Other Private Schools are licensed prior to operating or doing business in the state of Wyoming.
(Wyoming Statutes 21-2-401 through 21-2-407; and WDE Rules and Regulations Chapters 1, 18, and 30)
Private Degree Granting Post-Secondary schools are regulated by Chapter 30 of the Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 30 Private Post Secondary Degree Granting Institution Application
- Application to License Agents – Chapter 30
- 2021-22 Chapter 30 Registered Post-Secondary Degree Granting Institutions
WICHE recently approved Wyoming as a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) member. Approved SARA institutions are not required to register with the State of Wyoming in order to offer educational services to Wyoming students. A list of approved SARA institutions may be found here.
Private Non-Degree Granting Post-Secondary schools are regulated by Chapter 1 of the Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 1 Application Checklist
- Chapter 1 Non-Degree Granting Application
- Chapter 1 Bond
- Application to License Agents – Chapter 1
- 2021-22 Chapter 1 Proprietary Non-Degree Granting Institutions
Private Non-Religious K-12 schools are governed by Chapter 18 of Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 18 K-12 Application
- Application to License Agents – Chapter 18
- 2021-22 Chapter 18 Non-Religious K-12 Schools