Due to the Covid-19 pandemic continuing to affect the safety of travel, indoor gatherings and access to government buildings, the 2022 United States Senate Youth Program Washington Week will be held online during the March 5 – 10, 2022 timeframe.
The United States Senate Youth Program, will be a comprehensive public service, leadership and education experience including speakers from the three branches of government and the national media, and each delegate will receive the $10,000 undergraduate college scholarship in the name of the United States Senate. Additional details will be made available upon selection.
Wyoming’s application for the program’s 2022 selection will be open August 15 – October 16, 2021.
A qualified applicant is a junior or senior who is actively serving in an elected or appointed capacity in student government, civic, or education organizations during the current 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Student body president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer.
- Class president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer.
- Student Council representative.
- National Honor Society officer (including discipline-based Honor Societies such as the National English Society and Social Studies Honor Societies that include service components).
- Student representative (elected or appointed by a panel, commission, or board) to a local, district, regional, or state-level civic, service, and/or educational organization approved by the state selection administrator.
- Students will need to complete the online application here. The school principal and parents will be notified after the application is complete.
The program’s 2022 application must be completed by October 16, 2021. Finalists will be selected and interviewed in early November. The top two interviewees will serve as the delegates from Wyoming for the United States Senate Youth Program, to be held March 5 – 12, 2022 in Washington, D.C.
To apply for the U.S. Senate Youth Program scholarship opportunity, click here.