The United States Senate Youth Program (USSYP) Washington Week will be held online, March 14–18, 2021. The exact time frame of the program is to be decided. Two students from each state will be selected to attend the online program and each will receive a $10,000 undergraduate college scholarship. Students may qualify to apply through leadership positions they currently hold per the USSYP official criteria for the current 2020-2021 academic year. If students are unable to hold leadership positions this year due to the pandemic, they can submit the position they held during the 2019-2020 academic year. All student leadership qualifying positions are subject to the judgement of the state selection administrator and will be verified and confirmed.
The United States Senate Youth Program enters its 59th year of providing high school juniors and seniors with an extensive orientation of all branches of the Federal government and the opportunity to receive a $10,000.00 scholarship.
A qualified applicant is a junior or senior who is actively serving in an elected or appointed capacity in student government, civic, or educational organizations during the current school year.
- Student body president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer.
- Class president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer.
- Student Council representative.
- National Honor Society officer (including discipline-based Honor Societies such as the National English Society and Social Studies Honor Societies that include service
- Student representative (elected or appointed by a panel, commission, or board) to a local, district, regional, or state-level civic, service, and/or educational organization approved by the state selection administrator.
The 2021 USSYP application is open now, and will close November 30, 2020. Students will need to complete the online USSYP Application. The school principal and parents will be notified after the application is complete.
Finalists will be selected and interviewed in early December. The top two interviewees will serve as the delegates from Wyoming for the United States Senate Youth Program, which will be online, March 14-18, 2021.
Two students will be selected to learn about government from a perspective few people ever get to see. They will be given many opportunities to interact virtually with their peers from across the nation, be offered a premier leadership experience, and receive a $10,000 undergraduate college scholarship in the name of the United States Senate. Through our partnership with you, the most outstanding young people in the country are encouraged to become leaders in government and public service.