The Douvas Memorial Scholarship is a first generation American scholarship. Peter George Douvas, an immigrant from Greece, outlined in his will that a sum of money be left to the Wyoming Department of Education. The department will use this year’s money to establish a $500.00 scholarship to be awarded to a first generation American youth who demonstrates need and motivation to attend college.
Wyoming’s application for the 2022 Douvas Memorial Scholarship will be open February 1-April 30, 2022.
- Be a first generation American. A first generation American is one born in the United States, but whose parents were not born in the United States.
- Be a high school senior or between the ages of 18 and 22.
- Be a resident of Wyoming.
- Use the scholarship at one of the state’s seven community colleges or the University of Wyoming.
- Use the scholarship to partially meet education expenses during the school year that follows the spring application.
The 2022 application must be submitted no later than April 30, 2022. After completing the online application, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant’s counselor or principal for follow-up questions and approval. The counselor or principal must complete and respond to the confirmation email. Student applicant status will be shared by email at the end of May. The check will be mailed to the college of the recipient’s choice in August, and will be available to be used toward the cost of attendance.
To apply for the Douvas Scholarship, click here.
For more information, contact Madison Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.