The Douvas Memorial Scholarship is a first generation American scholarship. Peter George Douvas, an immigrant from Greece, outlined in his will that a sum of money be left to the Wyoming Department of Education. The department will use this year’s money to establish a $500.00 scholarship to be awarded to a first generation American youth who demonstrates need and motivation to attend college.
Wyoming’s application for the 2022 Douvas Memorial Scholarship will be open February 1-April 30, 2022.
- Be a first generation American. A first generation American is one born in the United States, but whose parents were not born in the United States.
- Be a high school senior or between the ages of 18 and 22.
- Be a resident of Wyoming.
- Use the scholarship at one of the state’s seven community colleges or the University of Wyoming.
- Use the scholarship to partially meet education expenses during the school year that follows the spring application.
Applications for the Douvas Memorial Scholarship must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2022. During the selection process, listed principals and counselors will be contacted and asked to respond to the confirmation email by the indicated deadline.
Student applicant status will be shared via letter at the end of May. The recipient’s check will be mailed to the Wyoming college of choice in August, and will be available to use toward the cost of attendance.
Apply for the Douvas Memorial Scholarship, here.
For more information, contact Madison Lacey, Hathaway Consultant, at email@example.com or 307.777.6840.