State law requires the standards in each content area be reviewed every nine years. Content areas are reviewed based on a Standards Review Timeline approved by the State Board of Education, who also set the Standards Implementation Timeline.
Development of Computer Science Standards
A Computer Science Standards Review Committee began meeting in the summer of 2018, following the passage of SEA48 in 2018, which requires every school to offer computer science by the start of the 2022-23 school year.
More information about teacher training and the implementation of computer science in schools can be found here.
The State Board of Education (SBE) requests public input on the Proposed 2019 Wyoming Computer Science Content and Performance Standards. The WDE will collect public input through an online survey until 11:59 p.m. on March 5, 2019 and also at regional meetings.
Public input meetings will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- February 25, Green River – SCSD #2 Central Admin. Office, 351 Monroe Avenue.
- February 25, Buffalo – JCSD #1 Buffalo High School, 29891 Old Hwy 87.
- February 26, Meeteetse – PCSD #16 School Building, 2107 Idaho Street.
- February 26, Douglas – CCSD #1, Admin. Building, 615 Hamilton Street.
- February 28, Cheyenne – LCSD #1, Storey Gym, 2811 House Avenue.