Mathematics Content & Performance Standards Downloads
- 2018 Mathematics Standards
- Standards 2012 Math
- Mathematics Appendix A
- Snapshot of Math Domains & Clusters (K-12)
- Standards 2008 Math (PDF)
- Standards 2008 Math (Word)
- The Quantile Summer Math Challenge is a math skills maintenance program targeted to students who have just completed grade 1 through 8 and is designed to help students retain math skills learned during the previous school year.
- Common Core Mathematics Standards Viewer offers a visual of the progression of K-8 standards with a color coding emphasis on the relationships between standards.
- Illustrative Mathematics provides guidance by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students experience in a faithful implementation of the Common Core State Standards, and by publishing other tools that support implementation of the standards.
- Math Progressions for K-12, from the Arizona Department of Education. The -M were built on progressions: narrative documents describing the progression of a topic across a number of grade levels, informed both by research on children’s cognitive development and by the logical structure of mathematics. They can explain why standards are sequenced the way they are, point out cognitive difficulties and pedagogical solutions, and give more detail on particularly knotty areas of the mathematics. This would be useful in teacher preparation, professional development, and in organizing curriculum.
- Learning Trajectory Resources to support interpretation of the Common Core State Standards for mathematics. The GISMO mathematics education research team, at NC State University’s Friday Institute, has developed 18 Learning Trajectories with descriptors that unpack the K-8 -M Standards, via a hexagon map of the standards.
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) site houses a variety of lessons and resources for math teachers.
- Common Core Tools by Bill McCallum, professor at the University of Arizona and one of the writers of the -M. Bill responds to questions in his blog section; he and others also post information including news about tools being developed to support implementation of -M. You can register to receive updates and posts, and search blog posts to find an answer to previously asked questions.
- Professional Development Module – The WDE math lead, along with five other state leads developed a 4-hour training on the Fraction Progressions for Grade 2-6, and a Facilitator’s Guide. This training focuses on the importance of understanding how the standards progress through the grades and on building collaboration within and across grades.
- The Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP) offers formative assessment lessons and summative tasks to support implementation of the -M. This is a collaboration between the University of California at Berkeley and the Shell Centre at the University of Nottingham with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.