Phone: (307) 857-9284
Fax: (307) 857-9257
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) program is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Every Student Succeeds Act. All four of the critical state education issues (statewide PAWS proficiency levels, graduation rates, remediation rates, and alcohol use) are targeted outcomes of 21st CCLC.
The purposes of this important program:
- To create community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools;
- To meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects;
- To offer a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement the regular academic programs of students;
- To offer literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
Activities that may be provided by 21st CCLC include:
- remedial education activities and academic enrichment learning programs, including providing additional assistance to students to allow them to improve their academic achievement;
- mathematics and science education activities;
- arts and music education activities;
- entrepreneurial education programs;
- tutoring services and mentoring programs;
- programs that provide activities for limited English proficient students;
- recreational activities;
- telecommunications and technology education programs;
- expanded library service hours;
- programs that promote parental involvement and family literacy;
- programs that promote assistance to students who have been truant, suspended, or expelled to allow the students to improve their academic achievement;
- drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, and character education programs;
- service learning;
- and health and wellness programming.
Activities must continuously be evaluated using performance measures and, if appropriate, be based on scientific research.
21st CCLC provides a safe environment for students during out of school hours (before and after school) and periods when school is not in session (school breaks and summer recess) while supporting continued youth development and learning for lifelong success.
Programs must be designed to meet the purpose of the 21st CCLC program and Wyoming goals. Wyoming 21st Century Community Learning Centers State Program Goals:
- Goal 1: To establish community learning centers that help students in high-poverty, low-performing schools meet academic achievement standards;
- Goal 2: to offer a broad array of high-quality enrichment activities that are aligned with and complement the regular academic school day while positively affecting student outcomes such as school attendance and academic performance and decreasing behavioral risk factors.
- Goal 3: to provide programming to engage the families of 21st CLCLC participants for the purpose of increasing parent/family engagement in learning and developing resiliency through positive home/school relationships.
The WDE will hold a Cohort 13 competition during Summer 2019. Submit the Cohort 13 Intent to Apply Form to receive updates via email. Additional information and resources will be posted as they become available.
- 21st CCLC Applicant Forum-Non-Profits July 2014 (Powerpoint)
- 21st CCLC Bidder’s Conference Cohort 10 Aug 15 2014 (Powerpoint)
2018 Cohort 12 Application
- Project Guide (.DOCX)
- Proposal Rubric (.DOCX)
- Applicant Forum #1 (.PPTX)
- Applicant Forum #2 (.PPTX)
- Applicant Forum #3 (.PPTX)
2016 Cohort 11 Application
- 21st CCLC Cohort 11 Grant Applicant Guide
- Proposal Rubric – Cohort 11
- Intent to Apply Form
- 21st CCLC Cohort 11 Awards
2015 Cohort 10 Application
- 21st CCLC Cohort 10 Grant Applicant Guide
- Proposal Rubric – Cohort 10
- Notice of Intent to Apply
- GMS LEA Bookkeeper Set-up Form
- GMS Electronic Signature Request Form
2014 Cohort 9 Application
- 2014 21st CCLC Cohort 9 Application Guide
- Cohort 9 Scoring Rubric
- Notice of Intent to Apply
- Bidders Conference Cohort 9
2013 Cohort 8 Application
- Notice of Intent to Apply Cohort 8, Revised
- 2013-2018 21st CCLC Grant Application: Cohort 8, Final (January 17, 2013)
- 2011-2012 Grant Application-Supplemental Funds
- Summer Seminar; July 2013 v2 (Powerpoint)
- 21st CLCC News and FAQs (Powerpoint)
- Summer Seminar 2013 Day 1 Looking at 21st CCLC as Expanded Learning (Powerpoint)
- Program Assessment (Powerpoint)