The Wyoming Assessment Task Force was formed in the spring of 2015 to study options for future statewide assessments, and to make a recommendation to the Wyoming State Board of Education and legislative committees. Their work will be presented to the State Board on September 23, 2015 and to the Joint Education Committee on October 30, 2015.
Task force members were chosen by a committee of State Board members from those who expressed interest through an online survey. All Wyoming Assessment Task Force meetings are open to the public.
- Wyoming Assessment Task Force Members
- June 29 Meeting Information
- July 13 Meeting Materials, July 13 WebEx
- July 28-29 Meeting Information, Meeting Agenda, Guiding Questions , Assessment Information
- August 14 Presentation
- August 21 Meeting Information
- September 9 Meeting Information, September 9 Meeting Agenda ,
Assessment Task Force Final Report
District Assessment Resources
Per statute, MAP is required for students in grades 1 – 8 as a component of district assessment systems. According to statute, MAP is to be administered once per year in grade one but must be administered twice per year in grades 2 – 8. Districts have the option of testing more often as well. The documents below provide information that may be useful for district and school staff, including statewide average MAP scores (and standard deviations) over time as well as MAP RIT ranges aligned to to 2014 PAWS performance levels.
- MAP RIT Ranges Aligned to PAWS Performance Levels
- 2015 MAP Scores for Math and Reading – Graph
- 2009-2014 MAP Scores for Math and Reading – Graph
Assessment Professional Development Materials
- Balanced Assessment
- Comparing formative and summative assessment
- Assessment and Accountability Acronyms
Wyoming Growth Indicator
Lexiles – Metametrics
Quantiles – Metametrics
Mathematics andResources and Uses
- Assessment Resources for Wyoming Mathematics
- Principles To Actions Executive Summary
- Using Assessment in the Classroom
- Literary Text Qualitative Rubric
- Close Reading Graphic Organizer
- PAWS Passage 4th grade Pet Sitter
- Grandma Ruth Passage
Wyoming Measures Up
At wyomingmeasuresup.com, you’ll find many questions facing Wyoming education answered simply and clearly. To address and clarify issues in assessment, there’s the “What tests do students take?” page, and the assessment FAQ sheet .
Michigan Assessment Consortium–Common Assessment PD Modules
Michigan K-12 educators and a university have designed a professional development series designed to show local educators how to build and use common assessments. The 24 modules explain each major step in the common assessment development process. Each module has a PPT, script, user’s guide, and companion documents. The series was piloted during the 2010-11 school year, and revised by a development team. Educators who wish to develop common assessments are encouraged to use the materials as is, or adapt them for local use. The modules and associated resources can be found here.