Title I Program Manager
Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education( ) is designed to help disadvantaged children meet challenging content and student performance standards. Part A of Title I provides financial assistance through State Educational Agencies (SEAs) to Local Education Agencies (LEAs). Funds are distributed to LEA schools with high numbers of children from low-income families, for LEA programs which target individual students most at risk of not meeting the standards, and to local institutions for neglected or delinquent children.
Title I supports LEAs in:
- Improving teaching by promoting effective instruction for at-risk children and for enriched and accelerated programs;
- Expanding eligibility of schools for school-wide programs that serve all children;
- Encouraging school-based planning;
- Establishing accountability based on results;
- Promoting effective parental participation;
- Supporting coordination with health and social services agencies;
- Focusing resources on the schools with the highest percentage of students in poverty.
Links to additional information: