Wyoming’s K-12 schools and districts are accredited by the Wyoming State Board of Education annually. The requirements for accreditation in Wyoming are:
Self-Reporting and Assurances
- District superintendents verify that the district and all schools within the district meet the requirements of Wyoming statute, rules and regulations.
- District superintendents share links to documents that verify adherence to statute, rules and regulations.
- WDE accreditation staff verify district adherence to state and federal statute, rules and regulations through internal checks with WDE program managers.
Five Year State External Review
District Assessment System Review
- District leaders explain the assessment system used to monitor student learning of the Wyoming Content and Performance standards in all content areas.
District Effective Practices Review
- District leaders explain the district priorities and processes, and level of implementation for the first fifteen accreditation criteria. District leaders may include the other ten criteria.
- External teams observe the instructional core: teacher, content and student engagement.
External Review Options
- Districts that are regionally accredited are exempt from the effective practices review and classroom observation components of the state external review.
Third Party Evaluation
- Districts that elect to use another WDE approved third party evaluation of the district system are exempt from the effective practices review and classroom observation components of the state external review.
The accreditation criteria are detailed in Chapter 6 rules and regulations, and summarized in the list below:
- District Board
- District Leadership
- School Leadership
- Stakeholder Communication and Input
- Employment and Certification
- Professional Development
- State Assessment and Accountability
- School Improvement and Support
- Programs, Standards, and Curriculum
- District Assessment System
- Instructional Methods
- Learning Supports
- At-Risk and Dropout Prevention
- School Culture, Climate, and Safety
- Student Activities
- High School Graduation
- Technology and Media
- Virtual Education
- Buildings and Facilities
- Student Health
- Calendars and Schedules
- Food Services
- Finance and Data
- Student Information Management