About the Program
Good nutrition is essential for effective learning every day, all year long. Just as learning does not end when school lets out, neither does the need for good nutrition. Children who aren’t hungry learn better, act better, and feel better. The summer feeding programs help children get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow throughout the summer months when they are out of school.
Summer sponsors receive payments for serving healthy meals and snacks to children 18 years of age and younger. Meal sites must be located in lower-income areas and must be approved to operate by the state agency.
For a listing of current Wyoming sites, please dial 211.
Click here to find possible Summer Food Program sites in your location.
Sponsors eligible to participate in the programs are:
- Public or private nonprofit schools;
- Education Service Districts;
- Units of local, municipal, county, or state government;
- Public or private nonprofit residential summer camps;
- Public or private nonprofit colleges and universities sponsoring the Upward Bound Program;
- Private, nonprofit organizations.
- Capacity Builder Site (Census Map)
- FNS CN Labeling Site: product formulation statements for fruits, vegetables, & grains (03/15/2013).
- Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Reimbursement Rates
- Civil Rights – And Justice for All Poster