Private School Licensing
Wyoming Statutes 21-2-401 through 21-2-407 and WDE Rules and Regulations Chapters 1, 18, and 30 require that all trade, correspondence, distance education, technical, vocational, business or other private schools are licensed prior to operating or doing business in the State of Wyoming.
- Wyoming Department of Education Post Secondary Student Complaint Process
- Post Secondary Student Complaint Form
Private, degree granting, post-secondary schools are regulated by Chapter 30 of the Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 30 Private Post Secondary Degree Granting Institution Application
- Application to License Agents – Chapter 30
- 2015-2016 Chapter 30 Registered Post-Secondary Degree Granting Institutions
WICHE recently approved Wyoming as a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) member. Approved SARA institutions are not required to register with the State of Wyoming in order to offer educational services to Wyoming students. A list of approved SARA institutions may be found at the following link: http://nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions.
Private, non-degree granting, post secondary schools are regulated by Chapter 1 of the Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 1 Non-Degree Granting Initial Application
- Chapter 1 Non-Degree Granting Renewal Application
- Chapter 1 Bond
- 2015-2016 Chapter 1 Proprietary Non-Degree Granting Institutions
Private, non-religious K-12 schools are governed by Chapter 18 of Wyoming Department of Education Rules and Regulations.
- Chapter 18 K-12 Private School Original Application
- Chapter 18 K-12 Private School Renewal Application
- 2015-2016 Chapter 18 Non-Religious K-12 Schools