Wyoming’s official LMS is Canvas.
Canvas is a Learning Management System, or LMS. It is a collaborative platform used to manage online learning—including reporting, resource-sharing, grading, feedback, discussions, content creation, outcomes and tasks. An LMS simplifies teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place.
Getting to Know Canvas? Start with Canvas 101.
Why a statewide LMS?
Enrolled Act 57 was passed during the 2017 legislative session requiring the WDE to provide districts with a Learning Management System (LMS) option. The WDE, in collaboration with the University of Wyoming and five community colleges, selected Canvas as the single LMS to create a unified K-20 experience for students and teachers across the state. Utilizing this statewide system allows students and teachers to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Consistent support of in-class and online instructional practices through the use of Canvas in conjunction with Google and other classroom technology.
- Provide additional educational opportunities to equip our students for success at all levels and to prepare for future educational endeavors.
Canvas Principal Learning Consultants
Moving from one Learning Management System (LMS) to another can be a challenging experience, and so can implementing an LMS for the first time. Wyoming’s Canvas Principal Learning Consultants can assist to shorten both the length and depth of the implementation dip by building familiarity with Canvas, helping to plan for effective rollout, and providing hands-on coaching to Canvas admins, school leaders and teachers. Using a data-driven approach, we can also help established Canvas schools create targeted training and communication plans to deepen the Canvas experience all.
Check out this All Things Canvas for all workshops and updates for Canvas.
Meet David Stokowski
Hello Wyoming! I am one of your dedicated Canvas Principal Learning Consultants. What does that mean? It means I am committed to working to make Canvas awesome in Wyoming!
I have taught science and math at the university, community college, and K12 levels, most recently in rural Grants, New Mexico (pop. 9,000). I have seen effective uses of Canvas in online and traditional classrooms, as both a teacher and an admin. My goal is to work with your school or district to increase and enhance Canvas usage amongst your teachers and staff to benefit your students.
Contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 307-215-3060.
Meet Kelley Lozicki
Hello Wyoming! I am one of your dedicated Canvas Principal Learning Consultants.
I am an Instructional Technologist with an M. Ed. from USF. I taught from 2nd grade to community college, was a National Board Certified Teacher in Literacy, was an Innovative Learning Specialist and an Instructional Dean. At Instructure, I am a Strategic Services Team Lead who oversees a team of dedicated statewide principal learning consultants. Before that, I spent a year consulting with Nevada to roll out Canvas statewide. Prior to that, I consulted with Orange County Public Schools and Hillsborough County Public Schools in Florida, and have worked with over 60 K-12 Canvas school districts across the country.
I’m excited and honored that I get to work with you on using Instructure products to elevate educational best practices in your districts and schools!
Contact Kelley at email@example.com.
How to use Wyoming’s Principal Learning Consultants
- Creation of Localized Communication, Training Plans, and Engagement Plans for Canvas Success
- Delivery of Canvas Admin, School Leader & Teacher Coaching Sessions or Content Review
- Connection of Canvas Best Practices & Pedagogy in Hands-On Workshops
- Implementation of Canvas Templates
- Strategy for Using Canvas with Other School/District Specific Initiatives
- Movement of Staff from Previous LMS.
- Increasing Awareness to Instructional Best Practices
We will have regular video conferences to check on the status of your local communication, training, and planning initiatives. A data-driven approach will help target specific areas for deepening the use of Canvas at your school or district.
Meeting face-to-face can increase participation and success in using Canvas! These visits may be for local admin planning, individualized coaching with teachers, or hands-on workshops. Our visits will be customized to best fit your needs.
We can help with curation and creation of customized resources to support your Canvas journey. By utilizing Instructure documentation, proven adoption resources, and tools for sharing and collaboration, we will guide users toward success.
- Albany County School District #1
- Big Horn County School District #2
- Big Horn County School District #4
- Carbon County School District #1
- Converse County School District #1
- Converse County School District #2
- Fremont County School District #1
- Fremont County School District #2
- Fremont County School District #6
- Fremont County School District #14
- Fremont County School District #24
- Fremont County School District #25
- Fremont County School District #38
- Goshen County School District #1
- Johnson County School District #1
- Laramie County School District #1
- Laramie County School District #2
- Lincoln County School District #1
- Lincoln County School District #2
- Natrona County School District #1
- Niobrara County School District #1
- Park County School District #1
- Park County School District #6
- Park County School District #16
- Sheridan County School District #1
- Sublette County School District #1
- Sublette County School District #9
- Sweetwater County School District #1
- Teton County School District #1
- Uinta County School District #1
- Washakie County School District #1
- Weston County School District #1
- Weston County School District #7