About the Program
A high-quality program of study coordinates a sequence of academic and technical content that adheres to state standards; addresses academic knowledge and technical skills; progresses in specificity; includes multiple entry/exit points; and culminates with the acquisition of an industry recognized credential (IRC). A review of the programs of study course sequencing is done to ensure guidelines are met for Perkins V funding, to qualify for the state funding model, education resource block grant and for Hathaway CTE course approval.
High Quality Program of Study Framework
- Standards align and curriculum integrated
- Student Assessment
- Prepared and Effective Program Staff
- Engaging Instruction
- Access and Equity
- Business and Community Partnerships
- Student Career Development
- Work-based Learning
About the State Funding Model- Education Resource Block Grant
The State of Wyoming provides school districts with additional funding for CTE courses using the Education Resource Block Grant Model. This model provides funding for CTE in two ways:
1) Additional funding for teachers based on students in grades 9-12 taking CTE courses approved by the WDE; and
2) Resources for CTE equipment and supplies are based on an additional amount per teacher FTE. The model is based upon the following information:
- The number of students in grades 9-12 participating in CTE programs on a full-time equivalency (FTE) basis.
- A CTE program, in grades 9-12, consisting of a sequence of 3 or more CTE courses in an occupational area or career cluster that provides technical knowledge, skills or proficiencies.
- The number of full-time equivalent (FTE) CTE teachers within the school providing instruction in grades 9-12 and certified by the Wyoming professional teaching standards board.