The Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines are part of the statewide Digital Learning Plan (DLP) to support the use of education technology in the classroom. The Guidelines were written in response to educators’ requests from across the state and are based on the ISTE Standards for Students. The Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines:
- Are not mandatory and will not be assessed.
- Are intended to be used across all content areas to help students leverage technology to deepen and strengthen their learning experience.
- Include classroom application statements and curriculum integration examples.
- Are presented with specifiers for each ISTE Standard indicator in a scope and sequence format.
- Are available as a Printable PDF or a printed booklet. Contact Lori Thilmany at email@example.com for the booklet.
Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines Online Course
To support educators in implementing the Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines in the classroom, the Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is offering a free, online course:
- Self-paced, interactive modules in the Canvas learning management system.
- Takes approximately 8 hours to complete.
- One half (.5) Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB) credit available upon completion.
- Available for all inservice and preservice teachers employed by a Wyoming school district or attending a Wyoming postsecondary institution.
- Open enrollment so educators can join the course at their convenience.
- Inservice teachers interested in ISTE Certification Training sponsored by the WDE must complete the Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines course before registration for the certification training will be considered.
- Join the class by completing the registration form below.
Thank you for your interest in taking the Wyoming Digital Learning Guidelines online course. Please complete the following information to register.