Wyoming’s official LMS is Canvas.
Canvas is a Learning Management System, or LMS. It is a collaborative platform used to manage online learning—including reporting, resource-sharing, grading, feedback, discussions, content creation, outcomes and tasks. An LMS simplifies teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place.
Getting to Know Canvas? Start with Canvas 101.
Why need an LMS?
Enrolled 57 was passed during the 2017 legislative session requiring the WDE to provide districts with a Learning Management System (LMS). The WDE in collaboration with the University of Wyoming and five community colleges selected Canvas as the single LMS to create a unified K-20 experience for students and teachers across the state. Utilizing this statewide system, allows students and teachers to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Consistent support of in-class and online instructional practices through the use of Canvas in conjunction with Google and other classroom technology.
- Provide additional educational opportunities to equip our students for success at all levels and to prepare for future educational endeavors.
Canvas Training (Eligible for PTSB Credit)
The WDE has provided unlimited 24×7 online Canvas Cloud Training for all school districts. Visit the Canvas training page to see all available training opportunities.
The Canvas online training webinars are eligible for PTSB credit. In order to claim credit, you must attend seven one-hour webinars from August 1 to July 31 to receive 0.5 credits. Send Robin Grandpre an email to let her know that you have completed your required seven hours so she can provide the completed training information to PTSB to insure you receive credit.
If you are not a Canvas user, contact Robin Grandpre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WDE and Canvas will host in-person trainings to introduce participants to Canvas as well as provide in-depth training for those more experienced Canvas users. Whether you are a faculty member, Canvas Admin, Principal, Technical Support, or an Instructional Designer, there are sessions tailored to all audiences.
PTSB credit is available for those that attend the in-person trainings. In order to receive 0.5 credits, you must attend all seven hours of the training. Sign-in sheets will be provided at the training. Please sign in with your PTSB ID.
The Canvas trainings are scheduled for:
Who is Using Canvas?
Look and see who is already using Canvas!
- Big Horn County School District #1
- Big Horn County School District #2
- Big Horn County School District #3
- Big Horn County School District #4
- Carbon County School District #1
- Converse County School District #1
- Converse County School District #2
- Fremont County School District #1
- Fremont County School District #6
- Fremont County School District #24
- Fremont County School District #25
- Fremont County School District #38
- Goshen County School District #1
- Laramie County School District #1
- Lincoln County School District #1
- Lincoln County School District #2
- Natrona County School District #1
- Park County School District #1
- Park County School District #16
- Sublette County School District #1
- Sublette County School District #9
- Sweetwater County School District #1
- Teton County School District #1
- Uinta County School District #1
- Washakie County School District #1
- Weston County School District #7
- Central Wyoming College
- Eastern Wyoming College
- Laramie County Community College
- Northern Wyoming Community College District
- University of Wyoming
- Western Wyoming Community College
Want to add your district/institution to the list? Contact Scott Hinojosa at email@example.com to get all of the details.
If you need help with Canvas, please start with your school/district IT department. If you continue to have problems, contact Canvas support.