The Carl D. Perkins Career Technical Educationof 2006 is a federal designed to develop more fully the academic and career technical skills of secondary education students and post-secondary education students who elect to enroll in career technical education programs.
Perkins V Listening Sessions
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) will host stakeholder listening sessions throughout the state in April to gather feedback on how Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education grant funding will be administered in Wyoming over the next five years. The WDE will host sessions from 9-11 a.m., 1-3 p.m., and 5:30-7:30 p.m. in each location to accommodate industry partners, local educators, parents, students, and community members who are interested in sharing their thoughts on in Wyoming. Dates and locations include:
- Tuesday April 16, 2019 Northern Wyoming Community College Flex Space in the Tech Center, 300 W. Sinclair, Gillette.
- Wednesday April 17, 2019 Sheridan School District #2 Administrative Offices in Boardroom, 201 N. Connor St., Sheridan.
- Thursday April 18, 2019 Northwest Community College Trapper Room, 231 W. 6th St., Powell.
- Tuesday April 23, 2019 Western Wyoming Community College Room #1309, 2500 College Drive, Rock Springs.
- Wednesday April 24, 2019 Central Wyoming Community College PTC 150, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
- Monday April 29, 2019 Virtual Meeting via ZOOM or via phone at 1-669-900-6833, Meeting ID: 493 757 259.
- WDE Carl D. Perkins Procedural Manual (2018 Edition)
- Omni Circular
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education of 2006 (Public Law 109-270)
National Association for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Appropriately Use Federal Funds for Conferences and Meetings
Perkins Performance Indicators
- 2017-18 Secondary Performance Improvement Plan Template (Word)
- 2017-18 Post-Secondary Performance Improvement Plan Template (Word)
In The News
- Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education: www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ovae/news/index
- Perkins V: Expanding Opportunities for Work-Based Learning – Education Commission of the United States
- Carl D. Perkins IV State Reports
- 2017-2018 Wyoming Fact Sheet