This week saw the first of several CSforAll SCRIPT trainings for educators to help bring computer science and computational thinking to every Wyoming classroom by 2022.
Wyoming received more than $93,000 in grant funding from Microsoft’s TechSpark initiative to offer Strategic CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool (SCRIPT) training for school districts. CSforALL is an organization dedicated to making computer science part of every K-12 student’s education.
SCRIPT training provides districts with strategic planning tools to think through what is needed to provide equitable, high-quality computer science education available to all students in their districts. Through a series of self-assessment and goal-setting activities, districts will develop a computer science education vision and roadmap for implementation.
Training will occur in five locations and will be open to six districts in each location. Each training consists of several sessions over a year.
- Casper: May 14 & 15, 2019, Oct. 15, 2019 and May 20, 2020.
- Rock Springs: June 4 & 5, 2019, Nov. 14, 2019, and June 4, 2020.
- Cheyenne: June 11 & 12, 2019, Nov. 19, 2019, and June 11, 2020.
- Worland: Aug. 5 & 6, 2019, Jan. 7, 2020, and Aug. 6, 2020.
- Gillette: Sept. 24 & 25, 2019, Feb. 25, 2020, and Sept. 24, 2020.
Educators, industry partners and WDE teammates took time for a group photo at the CSforALL SCRIPT training in Casper this week.
CSforALL SCRIPT training asked educators to work on how to engage their communities to help bring computer science to the classroom. The groups then shared out in a ‘gallery walk’ to promote and share ideas.
The leadership group from Prairie Wind Elementary in Cheyenne came to the WDE offices Friday to discuss education policy and leadership with Chief Policy Director Kari Eakins. The group also got a tour and talked with WDE teammates.
Memos to be released:
- 2019-066: Native American Education Conference
- 2019-067: Hathaway Success Curriculum Changes and Guidance
- 2019-068: Change in Home Language Survey Requirements