- This event has passed.
Supporting Beginning Teachers
October 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until October 20, 2022
This virtual training will consist of two three-hour sessions from 9:00 AM – noon on October 13 and 20, 2022.
Effectively supporting beginning teachers is crucial for both retention and developing expertise in relation to student achievement. Learn how leaders, coaches, and mentors can support beginning teachers through specific, research-based mentoring strategies that can be applied at the school or district level. Gain an in-depth understanding of the four types of essential support beginning teachers need that make them different from veteran teachers and improve their retention.
Learning outcomes may include:
• Understand the foundational research and theory on supporting beginning teachers.
• Explore how to identify effective mentors, and gain an understanding of how to establish a solid foundation for mentoring.
• Acquire specific strategies to provide essential physical, emotional, and institutional support for beginning teachers.
• Frame essential instructional support strategies within a common language of instruction, including how to engage in goal setting, focused practice, and focused feedback.
• Gain tips for encouraging reflective discussions between beginning teachers and their mentors.
.5 PTSB credit will be available for participants who attend both sessions. Please register here.
Tina H. Boogren, PhD, is a fierce advocate for educators and an award-winning educator, best-selling author, and highly sought-after speaker. Dr. Boogren has proudly served as a classroom teacher, mentor, instructional coach, and building-level leader and has presented for audiences all over the world.