- This event has passed.
Jan Hoegh: Standards-Based Learning
October 20, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Transitioning to a standards-based classroom is a major change but one that is highly beneficial for both teachers and students. Rather than focusing on abstractions and theories, this provides teachers, and those who guide change in their classrooms, with practical, hands-on strategies and advice for shifting to standards-based learning.
Learning outcomes may include:
• Understand the role of standards and proficiency scales in a standards-based classroom.
• Review how to apply standards-based procedures for planning and delivering instruction.
• Learn effective ways for students to set goals and track their progress.
• Discover how to use proficiency scales as the basis of creating and scoring quality classroom assessments.
• Acquire strategies for configuring grades in a thoughtful manner and communicating them effectively.
Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Casper, WY. .5 PTSB credit available for participants. Please register here.
A follow-up virtual webinar will be available on October 25, 2022 from 3:30-4:45 PM for all participants after the in-person training.
Jan K. Hoegh is an author and associate for Marzano Research and Solution Tree. She has been a classroom teacher, building-level leader, professional development specialist, assistant high school principal, and curriculum coordinator during her 30-plus years in education. Prior to joining Marzano Research, Jan was assistant director of statewide assessment for the Nebraska Department of Education, where her primary focus was Nebraska State Accountability Test development. Jan has served on a variety of statewide and national standards and assessment committees and has presented at numerous conferences around the world.