- This event has passed.
E-Learning Collaborative: Developing and Improving Online Content Courses (January Meeting)
January 27, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) and the American Institutes for Research invite you to participate in the eLearning Collaborative, a new professional development series. This exciting series will focus on two strands:
- Supporting students at a distance.
- Developing and improving online content and courses.
The eLearning Collaborative will include the following resources and learning opportunities:
- Monthly pre-recorded presentations on topics such as the foundations of online course development and a multi-tiered approach to identify and address student mental health needs.
- Reflections on the presentations through asynchronous conversations on the Canvas course.
- Monthly Learning Collaboration meetings to discuss and reflect on the presentations in grade band teams.
The initial monthly pre-recorded sessions will be available beginning September 1st with a new video being released on the 1st of each month through March 2022. The Learning Collaboration meetings will begin on September 29, 2021.
By participating in the eLearning Collaborative both in person and virtually, teachers will learn how to develop engaging online courses and how to integrate multi-tiered systems of support into their daily practice to support students’ social-emotional needs and mental health.
In exchange for watching the presentations, engaging in the online community, and attending the Learning Collaborations, one Professional Teaching Standards Board credit will be available.
To join the eLearning Collaborative register below. For help with enrolling, see the enrollment instructions document.