Registration is open for the 14th annual Native American Education Conference, set for 2 p.m. on Tuesday, August 8, 2023, through 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 10, 2023, at Central Wyoming College in Riverton. The conference is $35 to attend and open to educators, members of the public, and youth entering grade 6 and up. Attendees who are 22 years of age and under attend for free. Register here. For more details, visit the WDE NAEC webpage. The Conference theme is The Whole Child – Addressing Mental, Emotional, and Physical Needs of Indigenous Students.
- Wes Martel, will reflect on his respect for the values and beliefs of Indigenous people and share how his experience in energy, wildlife, and governing has shown him all the interrelated parts of the circle of life.
- Dr. Justin Conroy and Tim McGowan, will discuss suicide prevention by outlining ways to create a supportive school environment that positively influences student and staff engagement, connectedness and sense of belonging, while also increasing help-seeking behaviors.
Workshops on the following topics will be available:
- Understanding Native American history and culture.
- Classroom techniques for enhancing Native student achievement.
- Inspiring youth leadership and empowerment.
For more information, contact Rob Black, Native American Liaison, at 307-777-3747 or email@example.com.