Below are several resources that we have not previously shared:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Guidelines for Opening America Up Again(covering K-12 schools, child care programs, and day camps)
- OESE Indian Education Formula/Title VI Flexibilities Letter
- Department of Agriculture Extends Flexibilities, Paves Way for Meals for Kids to Continue through Summer
- First Lady Melania Trump discussed the need to support the most vulnerable children and families with mental health resources on a call with state and local leaders,
- Secretary DeVos hosted a web conference for reporters to hear about online education strategies with state- and school district-level administrators.
Both the Wyoming and U.S. Departments of Education websites are updated frequently with resources:
Post Secondary Attainment
Early in May, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) released “The Condition of Education 2020.” For a snapshot of key information, check out the “Executive Summary” and “At a Glance” options.
Among the interesting data, educational attainment rates for 25- to 29-year-olds increased at all levels between 2000 and 2019. During this time, the percentage with high school completion or higher increased from 88% to 94%, the percentage with an associate’s degree or higher increased from 38% to 49%, the percentage with a bachelor’s degree or higher increased from 29% to 39%, and the percentage with a master’s degree or higher increased from 5% to 9%.
Wyoming’s post-attainment goals and efforts, as well as an intensified focus on career and technical education, contribute positively to this trend.
I took time yesterday to film a few words of encouragement for the Laramie County Library summer reading challenge (with EvaLyn Flores, Early Literacy Specialist at Laramie County Library and Stephanie Prescott of REMAX Professionals). REMAX is among the program sponsors.
Memos to be released on Monday, June 1:
- 2020-086: Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) – Request for Proposal
- 2020-087: Wyoming Advisory Panel Meeting for Students
- 2020-088: RISE Award Application Now Open