Statewide WY-TOPP and ACT scores were released this week. Thanks to Superintendents Rose and Curtis for joining the media call to share “on-the-ground” insights. Here are a few highlights:
- Scores are available to the public a full month earlier than last year.
- Participation rate for interim and modular assessments averaged around 80% statewide.
- Assessment scores will be part of the accountability determinations which will be released publicly on September 16, which help us identify the schools and districts that need to improve and direct state and federal resources to them.
Interim and modular assessment windows open soon:
- Fall Interim: Sept. 10 – Oct. 4, 2019
- Modular: Sept. 10, 2019 – June 12, 2020
For additional information, please visit the WY-TOPP assessment page.
*Thanks to WDE staff (Data, Assessment, and Comms in particular) and the numerous Wyoming educators who worked on standard-setting, cut scores, test administration, data collation, and communications.
Memos to be released on Tuesday, September 3:
- 2019-095: Innovations Showcase Nov. 6
- 2019-096: 2019-20 State Superintendent’s Policy Summit
- 2019-097: Career Development Facilitator Training
- 2019-098: Plan A School Counselor Professional Development Days
- 2019-099: Literacy Initiative Focusing on Students with Significant Intellectual Disabilities
- 2019-100: Wyoming Office of Homeland Security and TSA Resources for K12
- 2019-101: Wyoming Next Step Assessment Clinic Oct. 25
- 2019-102: WAPSD Public Meeting Sept. 12