It was a great week to be on the Wyoming road (despite a wintry 4.5 hour drive from Casper to Cheyenne on Wednesday night). Thank you to the superintendents who shared students, teachers, and innovations with me during my visits. It is truly a joy to be a champion for Wyoming education–there are so many great things going on! I also appreciated the opportunity to visit with educators about computer science, legislation related to reading assessment and intervention, and the Hathaway Scholarship.
My staff is working to “unpack” the impacts of the legislative session and we will announce a tele-conference debrief for superintendents soon.
On the national front, First Lady Melania Trump is promoting her Be Best initiative, which includes the well-being of children, online safety, and opioid abuse. I am particularly excited about this initiative as we continue to talk about student well-being (social-emotional) in the context of school and student safety.
Memos to be released on Monday, March 11:
- 2019-037: Eighth Grade Unit of Study Certification Form
- 2019-038: Accreditation Training
- 2019-039: Computer Science Summer Workshops
- 2019-040: Report Card Feedback
- 2019-041: 2019-20 Digital Learning Award Nominations
- 2019-042: Data-Based Individualization (DBI) Summit