There are some new faces on the WDE leadership team as we kick off 2019. First we said goodbye to our Chief Operations Officer, Dianne Bailey. She retired after many years of service to the State of Wyoming and a lifetime in education (her father was a district superintendent). Dianne was a key leader during my first term and has been the voice of wisdom and experience in our agency. Here is our leadership team at WDE with newly appointed staff in bold:
- Dicky Shanor, Chief of Staff
- Shelley Hamel, Chief Academic Officer
- Trent Carroll, Chief Operations Officer
- Kari Eakins, Chief Policy Officer
- Michelle Panos, Communications Director
- Jeremy Wilch, Finance Director
- Ken Reynolds, Information Management Director
- Julie Magee, Accountability Director
- Laurie Hernandez, Standards and Assessment Director
- John Bole, Federal Programs Director
- Brenda Creel, Interim Special Ed and Programs Director
I am very excited about all that these leaders add to our dynamic staff at WDE!
Dual Immersion Teacher Chris Bessonette (in black shirt) from Munger Mountain Elementary School was happily surprised with a $25,000 Milken Educator Award on Friday Morning.
It was so exciting to celebrate, for the second year in a row in Wyoming, a Milken Educator Award winner. Today, we surprised Munger Mountain Elementary School teacher, Chris Bessonette. Congratulations, Chris and Teton County School District!
Congratulations also to Baldwin Creek Elementary School in Fremont School District #1 and Sheridan Junior High School in Sheridan County School District #2. They were recognized as NationalDistinguished School Award winners (see related memo below).
Memos to be released on Monday, January 7:
- 2019-001: Computer Science Educator Certifications
- 2019-001a: Allowable Certification and Credits
- 2019-002: 2019-20 Hathaway Success Curriculum Course Verification
- 2019-002a: Statement of Assurance
- 2019-003: 2018-2019 National Distinguished Schools Program
- 2019-004: 2019 District Teachers of the Year