I am excited about the quickly approaching 2018 Superintendent’s Summit (S5S) and I hope every district in the state will be represented. During year one we heard from Senator Enzi, Governor Mead, and experts from across the state. Last year leaders from the legislature spoke candidly and UW President Nichols underscored her commitment to Wyoming students in a wonderful keynote speech.
Information for the upcoming S5S is updated at edu.wyoming.gov/S5S, including the registration link. Here is the direct registration link: https://edu.wyoming.gov/
As a reminder, I invite every Wyoming school district to send their superintendent, board chair, outstanding principal, and teacher of the year to join the WDE team for critical conversations about education from national, state, and local perspectives.
Here are highlights for this year:
- Welcome reception and special recognition for District Teachers of the Year
- Partnership with Wyoming EXCELS and new executive director Amber Ash for legislative reception
- Keynote speech from NGA Education Division Director Aaliyah Samuel on early literacy interventions
- Bison Train Tour courtesy of Wyoming Mining Association and BNSF Railway
- Relevant and critical breakouts and panels
The WDE is moving more and more to social media. Please send articles, events notices, and photos from your school district to email@example.com and we will help get the word out. Use the links below to stay connected to our website and social media accounts. I also tweet about education in Wyoming regularly and my handle is @jillian4supt.
Memos to be released on Monday, December 4:
- 2017-129: Virtual Education Information for Vendors
- 2017-130: 2018-2019 Hathaway Success Curriculum Course Verification
- 2017-131: Virtual Education Vendor Teacher Collection