It was a privilege to spend time with you at the WASA Conference. Congratulations to retiring superintendents and award recipients! And, thank you for the warm welcome and conversation–my update this week will be brief.
I travel to DC next week to meet with Secretary DeVos with other CCSSO directors. In particular, we will be discussing the President’s budget proposal, ESSA plan submission, and state-specific perspectives/challenges.
The first round of ESSA plans were submitted by states. Below are several links to information about the submissions:
Memos to be released on April 23, 2017:
- 2017-050: Future Ready Regional Summit
- 2017-051: Hathaway Scholarship Grade-Weighting Policy
- 2017-052: Exit Criteria for ELs
- 2017-053: WDE684 and WDE638 Changes Effective Fall 2017
- 2017-053a: WDE684 – Fall 2017 – Data Elements
- 2017-054: K-20 Digital Learning Conference
- 2017-054a: Innovations Flyer
- 2017-055: K-12 Digital Learning Innovations Awards