CHEYENNE – The 2016 Wyoming Science Content and Performance Standards have been updated to meet the request of the State Board of Education (SBE) to identify Performance Standards. Content Standards are what students should know and be able to do, and Performance Standards specify the degree of understanding. Districts are expected to assess students on Performance Standards through the District Assessment System.
For Public Input on Science Performance Standards:
- Review the Proposed 2021 Science Performance Standards.
- Provide input through any of the following options:
- Complete the Performance Standards Public Input Survey by 11:59 p.m. on March 17, 2021.
- Attend the virtual Public Input Meeting from 4:30-6 p.m. on Monday, March 8 (Join Zoom Meeting or Dial +1 669-900-6833).
- Attend the virtual Public Input Meeting on Thursday, March 11 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. (Join Zoom Meeting or Dial +1 669-900-6833).
The input collected on the Performance Standards will be shared with the SBE.
– END –
Linda Finnerty, Communications Director