With more than 200 participants, top-notch keynote speakers, and many of you as breakout speakers, this year’s Wyoming Education Summit (WES) was a success. Thank you!
I shared a few stats about Wyoming education during my opening remarks. Here are a few more:
- Hundreds of Wyoming teachers are taking advantage of profession development to enhance virtual, remote, and blended instruction. Courses are being offered by WDE, UW, and independent providers.
- Open Range Wyoming, Wyoming’s open education resources hub now has 3,864 resources aligned with Wyoming standards.
- Wyoming WebEd Radio aired eight episodes and had 703 total views on YouTube.
- During March and April a total of 1,400,504 meals were served to Wyoming children via school food service teams.
The LEVEL-UP 2020 cohort celebrated a virtual graduation after a year leadership development and networking.
Alexis Barney was named the 2021 Wyoming Teacher of the Year. She is an elementary teacher at Evansville Elementary School.
PODER Academy and Slade Elementary were named Blue Ribbon Schools by the United States Department of Education.
Memos to be released:
- 2020-153: Assessment Literacy Modules – Focus Group
- 2020-154: DRIVE: Developing Rewarding Integrated Vocational Experiences: A Paraprofessional Training Group