The Wyoming Education Summit (formerly S5S) will take place on September 21-22, 2020. Registration is open. Many sessions geared toward leaders, but all educators and education partners are welcome to register and attend. Topics include:
- education leadership
- high-quality instruction
- virtual learning
- social and emotional learning (SEL)
- Wyoming Teacher of the Year award.
The agenda can be found here.
The theme of the conference is “Pursue Excellence Together” and it will be an honor to co-keynote with Wyoming Governor Gordon. Other presenters and speakers include:
- Dana Winters from the Fred Rogers Institute will keynote the morning of September 21. Her presentation, “Affirming and Promoting Deep and Simple Moments” focuses on the whole child.
- Nancy Frey will present “Learning at a Distance” based on her newest publication with renowned educators Douglas Fisher and John Hattie, The Distance Learning Playbook.
Memos to be released today:
- 2020-145: Professional Development Opportunity for Teachers
- 2020-146: Conventional Literacy for Students with Significant Intellectual Disabilities
- 2020-147: Educator Input for Science Performance Standards