Welcome to summer, officially! We are excited about the participation in our summer trainings and opportunities! Thank you for encouraging staff attendance.
District and State Teachers of the Year
We have fewer applications than usual for our 2021 State Teacher of the Year (STOY). Please ensure:
- Your district selects a 2021 District Teacher of the Year (DTOY)
- Your DTOY fills out the application for STOY. The application is here.
- The WDE will provide an ESSER funds update to districts in the coming days as more information about how “equitable services” affects Wyoming schools and ESSER fund calculations.
- The Smart Start group finalized a draft fall reopening plan and presented it to the COVID-19 Education Task Force today (Friday). The draft plan contains requirements, recommendations, and considerations for schools as you consider how to reopen buildings for school in the fall.
Memos to be released on Monday, June 29:
- 2020-101: Webinar on English Learners and Title III Funding
- 2020-102: Plan “A” School Counselor Professional Development Days – Fall 2020