The United States Department of Education (USED) approved the following for Wyoming:
- Wyoming received a provisional waiver permitting an extension of the period of availability in Section 421(b) of the General Education Provisions Act for Federal fiscal year (FFY) 2018 the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part B grant award funds. Grant award funds will be available for obligation through September 30, 2021 and may be liquidated through December 30, 2021.
- Wyoming’s Perkins V plan was approved, along with fourteen other sates. The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) encourages states to expand opportunities for every student to access coursework that will put them on the path to success. Wyoming, along the other approved states, crafted a plan to fulfill a promise to offer robust Career and Technical Education (CTE) options for students. The plan was developed in consultation with key constituents representing education and workforce, business and industry, and parents and community leaders.
In-person Instruction Updates:
- Governor Gordon released new health orders on June 10. The orders relax in-person instruction restrictions and go into effect on June 15. School districts should continue to work with local health officials to determine appropriate practices.
- The Smart Start group continues to work on considerations, recommendations, and requirements for fall reopening. This should not preclude school districts from developing local plans.
Summer and Fall Professional Development:
- Many of our upcoming professional development opportunities have shifted to an online format. This has given us flexibility and unforeseen opportunities to expand offerings. Please be sure to check our website for updates and events.
- TWO such events (Perkins V, literacy) are included with this week’s memos.
Memos to be released on Monday, June 15: