In case you missed the “save-the-date” announcement on social media or in last week’s memos, the Superintendent’s Policy Summit (S5S) will be held October 1-2 in Laramie. The theme “Pursuing Excellence Together” will overlay panels, breakouts, and information sessions. Please consider presenting on one of the following:
- student safety and security
- education law and policy
- school improvement and support
I was on the Wyoming road again this week and visited Park County. The organization CodyForward invited me to speak at their annual dinner about economic development and education. Lines between workforce, economic development, and education are blurred as we stay focused on responding to workforce data, post-secondary attainment, and career, college, and military readiness.
Simply, Wyoming is evolving from needing a workforce to needing a skilled workforce and education is the key.
Memos to be released on Monday, April 1:
- 2019-050: Professional Development Opportunity for Computer Science
- 2019-051: Mathematics Extended Standards Review
- 2019-052: Perkins V Stakeholder Listening Sessions