The Wyoming Legislature adjourned for the 2019 session in the early morning hours of February 28. As has been our practice, we will analyze the impact of new legislation and schedule a debrief video conference with superintendents and others. Meanwhile, Governor Gordon continues to sign bills into law.
On the national front, President Trump signed into law the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019, providing funding for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2019 for all federal government agencies and programs not yet included in enacted appropriations. While funding for the Department of Education was enacted back in September, the new bill contains $100 million for the Department of Justice’s STOP School Violence Act. It also contains $110 million (an increase of $10 million above last year) for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) STEM education programs.
Memos to be released on March 4:
- 2019-031: Call for Proposals: 2019 Wyoming Innovations in Learning Conference
- 2019-032: OER Summer Workshop Registration
- 2019-033: Wyoming Advisory Panel for Students with Disabilities
- 2019-034: Public Comment, Application for Part B Federal Special Education Funds
- 2019-035: 2019-20 Virtual Education Program Information
- 2019-036: Girls Go CyberStart Challenge