Support Needed for Summer Food Service Program

Wyoming Department of Education > News Releases > Support Needed for Summer Food Service Program

CHEYENNE – The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is seeking local sponsors to participate in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for the summer of 2018. This federally-funded U.S. Department of Agriculture program provides access to nutritious meals and snacks for children up to the age of 18 during summer months, when access to other school meal programs is not available.

The WDE invites any interested sponsors including churches and other private nonprofit organizations; public and private nonprofit schools; local, municipal, county, tribal, and state government entities; public and private nonprofit camps; and public and private nonprofit universities or colleges to be involved in the effort to help children become more successful in school through good nutrition. Sponsors are reimbursed a set amount for each meal served.

These summer sites must meet specific federal criteria regarding the income eligibility of either children living in the area, or enrolled in the program at the chosen site. The WDE can help with obtaining information for possible sites in communities.

Anyone interested in sponsoring the program should contact Amanda Anderson, Nutrition Programs Consultant, at 307-777-7168 for details regarding qualifications as a sponsor.

– END –

Media Contact:
Kari Eakins, Communications Director

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.