Today is the last day of the 2017 legislative session and there is no final word yet on education funding. Unrelated to funding, there are a number of bills that Governor Mead has signed, or will receive for signature, that move Wyoming education in a positive direction. Some of those include:
- Virtual Education
- School Nutrition Pilot–Farm to Plate
- Data privacy
- Indian Education for All
- Hathaway Scholarship Program
The PAWS window is from March 6-24. As always, we are available to answer questions throughout the window. Laurie Hernandez is the assessment director. Laurie and members of her team can be reached by email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (307)777-7675.
Here is a link to a short video message from me about PAWS:
The message is intended for students and teachers as encouragement during the PAWS test. Please forward the link to teachers in your district.
We are close to releasing a draft state plan and will be asking for feedback from specific stakeholders including educators.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL SCIENCE FAIR PARTICIPANTS!
Memos to be released on Monday, March 6, 2017:
- 2017-024: Public Comment, Application for Part B Federal Special Education Funds
- 2017-025: 2017 Wyoming School Counselor Association Conference
- 2017-026: Grant Applications Open for the 2017 Roadmap to Conference