The WDE offers professional development opportunities throughout the year. Check this list frequently for updates.
Behavior Management/Autism Workshops
The WDE is hosting a series of trainings related to Behavior Management/Autism. They will take place over the course of the school year, each addressing a new topic. District teams are encouraged to attend and may include behavior interventionists, school psychologists, special education teachers, related service providers, administrators, paraprofessional, and general education teachers.
All trainings will take place at the Casper Hilton Garden Inn. There is no cost, but each training is limited to 65 participants.
|October 27-28||January 27-28||April 4-5|
- Foundations of Positive Behavior Management
- Working with Kids with High-Functioning Autism:
Practical Strategies for the Classroom Presenter
- Functional Behavior Assessments, Behavior Plans, and
- Effective Behavior Management Strategies for Students
with Autism: Practical Magic
- Building a Strong Interaction Repertoire and Decreasing
Disruption with Kids with High-Functioning Autism:
Self-Regulation, Replacement Behaviors, and Social Skills
Related to Employment
- Teaching Social Skills, Replacement Behaviors, and