Assessment Literacy and Formative Assessment/Resource Development Training
The Wyoming Department of Education is providing five regional two-day professional development opportunities for teachers on assessment literacy and formative assessment resource development. The training will be presented by Jan Hoegh, Associate Vice President of Marzano Research. Locations and dates are listed below.
- Gillette: April 13-14, Gillette College Tech Center
- Cody: April 21-22, Holiday Inn
- Riverton: April 23-24, Holiday Inn Convention Center
- Evanston: May 4-5, Roundhouse
- Rawlins: May 6-7, Jeffrey Center
- Registration Cost: Free! Sponsored by the WDE.
Moving to Assessment FOR Learning: Formative Assessment in a Summative World
This two-day interactive workshop will explore a process for formative assessment for language development, its implementation, and impact on instruction. Educators are asked to come in teams, and are invited to bring a lesson, a unit plan, or some instructional tasks that they have already developed in order to apply this process in a meaningful way.
Participants will be able to:
-Describe different types of assessment and their impact on classroom instruction
-Describe and Apply a process for formative assessment for language development
-Create a plan for implementing the process in the classroom or school building
- Audience: Teams of Educators, Administrators
- Recommended Number of Participants: 30
- Level: Intermediate
- Dates, Times, and Locations
- Jackson: April 27 – 28, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Rock Springs: April 30 – May 1, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
For more information, please contact Robin Holbrook at 307-777-5217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fourth Annual WyTECC Conference
Wyoming Technology-Engagement-Curriculum Connection (WyTECC), an ISTE Affiliate, was formed to connect a diverse statewide community of educational and community leaders from across Wyoming for the purpose of discussing and sharing information and ideas relating to technology, engagement, and curriculum in PK-20 classrooms.
- Keynote Speakers: Dr. Wes Fryer, Leslie Fisher, Sherry Crofut
- Where: Rock Springs High School, Rock Springs, WY
- When: May 1-2, 2015 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Who: PK-20 educators, administrators and related personnel
- Conference Website
Advancing Student Success Through Professional Learning Communities
Learn teaching techniques used by one of the top performing school districts in the western United States! Whether you’re a master teacher, beginning teacher, or in between, sharpen your skills with training from top experts including Dr. Anthony Muhammmad, Stephanie Harvey, and Dr. Barbara Schubert.
- Where: Sheridan College, Sheridan, Wyoming
- When: July 22-24, 2015
- Registration Cost: See Registration form for details
- Event Website