The Wyoming Department of Education is committed to transparent, open communication with district staff, the media, and the general public. Below, you can find an archive of our media releases and memos, along with resources for the media. Additionally, you can subscribe to our newsletters through GovDelivery, or follow our Social Media presence across a number of platforms.
- Memos to Superintendents
- News Releases
- Superintendent’s Weekly Update
- Education Events Calendar
- Superintendent’s Public Schedule
Public comment is being taken on the Chapter 43 Rules, School Nutrition Pilot Project, which can be viewed online along with the Statement of Reasons. Public comment on the proposed rules is open from June 2 to July 17, 2017. Comments will be posted on the Secretary of State website, and may be submitted online or by mail to:
Wyoming Department of Education
Attn: Susan Benning
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Building 2nd Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002-2060
Input is currently being taken on Wyoming’s Social Studies Content and Performance Standards as they pertain to Wyoming’s new “American Indian education program” legislation. Community input meetings will inform the public of the standards review process and gather public input to be shared with the Social Studies Standards Review Committee for their consideration prior to their work.
Participants will be asked to respond to two questions:
- Why is it important for everyone to learn about American Indians?
- What do you want the review committee to know about the cultural heritage, history, and contemporary contributions of American Indians as they review the Social Studies Standards?
The meetings will take place from 6-8 p.m.
- June 12, Frank B. Wise Building, Main Conference Room, 3 Ethete Road, Fort Washakie
- June 13, Central Wyoming College, Intertribal Education Center Room 116, 2660 Peck Avenue, Riverton
- June 15, Park #6 Administration Office Board Room 2nd Floor, 919 Cody Avenue, Cody
- June 22, Sheridan # 2 Administration Office Board Room, 201 North Connor Street, Sheridan
- June 29, Laramie #1 Administration Office Board Room, 2810 House Avenue, Cheyenne
Those unable to attend can respond online through September 8, 2017.