Digital Learning Day began in 2012 and was started as a venue for education leaders to highlight the great teaching practices, showcase innovative teachers, leaders, and instructional technology programs that improve student achievement. Digital Learning Day is a national celebration that is not about technology, it is about learning and enhancing the role of the teacher in the classroom.
Increasing digital learning in the classroom not only provides opportunities for student-driven learning, but also greatly increases equity and access to quality educational opportunities for all students.
Is your school willing to eliminate the traditional boundaries in education and encourage your students to become actively engaged in their education in a digital world? Let us know! #DLDay!
“No Boundaries: Encouraging Active Engagement in Every Classroom”
School or District Resources
- NOVA Labs (Science games, videos, links to experts)
- Discovery Education (Games, math help, and homework help!)
Wyoming State Museum Showcase
The Wyoming State Museum offers virtual field trip programs for classrooms able to access Skype/Skype for Business. Programs may be customized to a teacher’s needs and may also be offered in conjunction with use of the Museum’s Discovery Trunks.
Wyoming School Libraries Showcase
- Sundance Elementary 4th Grade Wyoming History Artifact Project
- Powell Middle School Library-Digital Tools Video
2017 DL PD Events
Quality Matters Workshop
March 20-21, Rock Springs
- Monday – K-12 Applying the QM Secondary Rubric – Learn how to evaluate your online or blended course design with research-supported standards which include annotations and best practices.
- Tuesday – K-12 Online Course Design – Learn how to use QM’s K-12 Secondary Rubric as a guide to develop your online course.
May 6, Green River
June 1-2, Gillette
- Promo Code: wydoe17
Wyoming Innovations in Learning
November 2-3, Laramie
Save the date for this unique K-20 day and a half event hosted by the WDE, UW and the community colleges featuring innovative teaching and learning practices for all educators.