Digital Learning Day is February 28, 2019, and it is a great time to highlight great teaching practices and showcase innovative teachers, leaders and instructional technology programs that are improving student outcomes. Digital Learning Day is not about technology, it is about learning and enhancing the role of the teacher in America’s classroom. The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) encourages educators to celebrate Digital Learning Day in their classrooms and schools. Registration and more information can be found on the Digital Learning Day website.
The WDE will be offering a Digital Learning Day Webinar to highlight a few innovative districts at 3:45 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2019. Registration for the webinar is required.
The webinar will feature the following guest speakers:
- Teton County School District #1 – discussing their newly renovated actively learn classroom
- Campbell County School District #1 – talking about their OER project and how other districts can become involved with OERs
- Albany County School District #1 – K-5 Library and Technology pilot standards
For more information, contact Alisa Cook, at 307-777-3679 or email@example.com.
Plan to Participate
Visit DigitalLearningDay.org to:
- Find Activities and Ideas
- See Past Digital Learning Day Events
- Add Your Event to the DLDay Map
Upcoming 2019 DL Related PD Events
June 4 & 5,Valley High School – Afton, WY
The EdTechTeam Western Wyoming Summit will be focused on the latest educational technology tools and strategies including Google for Education Apps. Click here for more information.
Wyoming Innovations in Learning
November 6-8, CAM-PLEX Wyoming Center Equality Hall – Gillette, WY
Save the date for this unique K-20 conference hosted by the WDE, UW, Wyoming’s community colleges and school libraries featuring innovative teaching and learning practices for all educators.