Leslie Bechtel Van Orman
The Wyoming Deaf-Blind Project’s mission is to ensure that all students in Wyoming who are deaf-blind receive the appropriate support and tools needed enabling them to achieve improved outcomes in school and go on to become contributing members of their community by providing technical assistance, resources and training to educators, service providers and families.
Conferences and Seminars
Strategies for Students with Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment with Diane Sheline
- Monday, June 4th-June 8th at the Ramkota in Casper, WY
- Join us at this training and increase your knowledge about CVI. Learn all about strategies which will encourage your students to use their vision more consistently and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Next Step Assessment Clinic
- On-site Technical Assistance
- Lending Library – The Lending Library offers an extensive selection of materials and resources that are available for educators, therapists, service providers and families to borrow. Materials include evidence based, research-based strategies to improve outcomes for students who are visually impaired / blind, hard of hearing / deaf, deaf-blind or multi-disabled. COMING SOON.
Strategies on Literacy, Information on working with Students who are Sensory Impaired and Best Practices. Webinars are offered free of charge every quarter. For information and placement on the mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall 2009 – Braille and the Importance of a Learning Media Assessment
- Spring 2009 – Exercise
- Fall 2008 – Shared Reading Strategies
- Spring 2007 – NIMAS Information
- January 2007 – Active Learning Strategies
- Fall 2005 – Literacy Strategies
- National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness (NCDB)
- Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- The CHARGE Syndrome Foundation
- National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center (NSTTAC)
- Perkins School for the Blind
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH)
- Tar Heel Reader
- UNC School of Medicine
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC)
- Don Johnston
- ACC Intervention
- Linda Hodgdon
- We Connect Now