Since 1996, the National Title I Distinguished School Award Program has honored schools across the country for their innovation in helping Title I populations achieve high educational standards. Selected from each state by members of the National Title I Association, these schools represent examples of superior Title I programs and demonstrate a wide array of strengths, including offering focused and innovative professional development opportunities for staff, strong community involvement, and high success with individualized student programs. For schools selected in Wyoming, the Wyoming Department of Education encourages participation at the annual National Title I Association Conference. In order to honor the selected schools, the Wyoming Department of Education and the Title I-A program assist the schools with a stipend for travel to the Conference.
2014 National Title I Distinguished School
Congratulations to Southside Elementary School located in Park County School District #1 for being honored as the 2014 Wyoming Title I Distinguished School!
Program Application and Requirements:
The Wyoming Department of Education will select one qualifying school, if applicable, in each of the following categories:
- Exceptional student performance for two or more consecutive years; or
- Closing the achievement gap between student groups.
In order for a school to qualify under the above categories, it must have:
- A poverty rate of at least 35% for the selected year;
- Demonstrated high academic achievement for two or more consecutive years;
- Exceeded expectations for the last two years; and
- Completed the Wyoming National Title I Distinguished School 2017-2018 Application prior to the annual deadline.