The 2018 STAR Conference will be held Tuesday, June 19 – Friday, June 22, 2018 at Riverton Middle School in Riverton, Wyoming.
The early bird rate for STAR registration will be ending on Friday, May 18th.
Early bird registration is $40 per person, and has a buy-2-get-1-free promotion, which costs $26.66 per person. After May 18th, registration will be $55 per person.
The Star conference runs from June 20th to June 22nd, with two pre-conference options on June 19, 2018. The pre-conference options are:
- Homeless Education Workshop
- Computer Science Workshop
Topics will include Grants Management, ESSA Implementation, Title I and more! You can visit the conference page to learn more about sessions that will be offered.
Hampton Inn & Suites
2500 N. Federal Blvd. Riverton, WY 82501\
$104/night, includes breakfast (rate available until 5/28/18)
Holiday Inn Riverton- Convention Center
900 E. Sunset Dr. Riverton, WY 82501
$93/night (rate available until 5/21/18)
Use booking code WDE
Comfort Inn & Suites
2020 N. Federal Blvd. Riverton, WY 82501
$119/night, includes breakfast (rate available until 5/18/18)
Wind River Hotel & Casino
10269 WY-789, Riverton, WY 82501
$91/night (rate available until 6/4/18)
Holiday Inn Express LANDER
1002 11th St. Lander, WY 82520
$99/night, includes breakfast (rate available until 5/28/18)
Jennifer Mauskapf joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in September 2005. Ms. Mauskapf assists her clients with various federal education programs, including the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act, the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, and Title IV of the Higher Education Act. Her clients include state and local education agencies, institutions of higher education, and third party education providers.
Mike Rutherford provides high-value training and development experiences for educators through his work as a teacher, speaker, author, and consultant. Mike’s work focuses on high-performance teaching and learning, leadership development, creating and leading team-based organizations, and results-based organizational improvement. He has created and developed numerous award-winning educational programs for students, teachers, and education leaders.
Albert E. Mussad is a seasoned teacher and administrator, and has coached principals, supervisors and teachers in chronically underperforming urban schools to improve student outcomes. He earned a Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in language teaching, testing and learning from Georgetown University and a Master’s degree in educational administration from Rutgers University.
For more for information Brittany Scherden at 307-777-6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Conference Handouts
- Best Practices in Homeless Education- Local Liaison Panel
- Changes and Updates for Your Perkins Grant
- Consolidated Grant Application
- Consolidated Grant Application #2
Covering Kids and Families in Wyoming- Handout #1 Spanish
Covering Kids and Families in Wyoming- Handout #2 English
Covering Kids and Families in Wyoming- Handout #2 Spanish
Covering Kids and Families in Wyoming- Reducing Barriers to Access of Care
- Determining Eligibility for Homeless Education
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Dropout Prevention and College Access for Homeless Youth
- Engaging Students and Industry Through Computer Science
- Expanded Learning- 21CCLC strand- 6.7 at 10.15 with Linda Barton
- Expanded Learning- 21CCLC strand- 6.7 at 10.15 with Linda Barton #2
- Federal Homeland Security Grants for Schools
- Homeless Education State of the State
- How I Learned English
- IDEA Funding- A Balancing Act
- Making the IEP Process Work
- Making the IEP Process Work #2
- New Opportunities for Title II-A under ESSA
- New Opportunities for Title II-A under ESSA #2
- New Virtual Education Law
- Schoolwide Programs Under Title I
- Serving Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- Strategic Uses of Federal Funds
- Title I Update
- Title I, Part D Update
- Title III and IV-A Updates
- Understanding the Roles of the Local Homeless Education Liaison
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements
- Wyoming’s Digital Learning Plan
- Wyoming’s Digitial Learning Plan #2
- Wyoming Education Trust Fund Grant