On December 10, 2015, the President signed into law the Every Student Succeedsof 2015 ( ), which reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education ( ). Under the previous version of (the No Child Left Behind ), the education of homeless children and youth was included in Title X, Part C. Under , homeless education is included in Title IX, Part A. The McKinney-Vento portion of takes effect on October 1, 2016.
We will update this page as new resources become available.
U.S. Department of Education Resources:
- Homeless Student Non-Regulatory Guidance (July 27, 2016)
- Homeless Student Guidance Fact Sheet (July 27, 2016)
- Homeless Students Notice of Rights and Protections (July 27, 2016)
- Full Text of Every Student Succeeds – conference report; includes marked-up amendments to the education subtitle of the McKinney-Vento under Title IX, Part A
- The U.S. Department of Education Guidelines for McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youths Program as posted in the Federal Register, March 17, 2016
The following documents were created by NAECHY and are helpful in identifying the changes made to the 2001 reauthorization by :