The CTE team is working hard to connect counselors and educators in Wyoming with quality professional development opportunities in the areas of career guidance and development. We will be sponsoring a Facilitating Career Development course along with the National Career Development Association again during the 2016-2017 school year. This course will be offered at no cost to Wyoming educators, counselors, curriculum coordinators, and others responsible for career guidance and development in education on a first come, first serve basis.
As information about the course is made available, this page will be updated.
- Helping Skills– Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process while including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources– Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
- Assessment– Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations– Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues– Follow the code of ethics and know current legislative regulations.
- Career Development Models– Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age, and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills– Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers– Prepare and develop materials for training programs and presentations.
- Program Management/Implementation– Understand career development programs and their implementation, and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations– Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology– Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation– Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants or supervisors.
For more information, visit NCDA’s website.
- National Career Development Association
- Wyoming School Counseling Association:
- Wyoming Counseling Association:
- American School Counselor Association:
- Colorado School Counselor Association:
- ASCA National Model:
- World-of-Work Map:
- Career Pathway Roadmaps:
- Career Cluster Interest Survey:
- Pinterest for School Counselors:
- The School Counselor Toolkit
- Literacy Resources for School Counselors
The UW ECHO in Career Development will target career development professionals working in K-12 local education agencies and other community partners working to support and assist students in making informed career and academic decisions.